The Perfect Valentine Countdown


          I haven't had a countdown in a while, and let me tell you, it is long overdue. Towards the end of last semester I didn't have as many because I found myself coming home often, and Marc coming to Indiana just as much. It felt like we were finally getting the time together that we deserved. Right now, we are currently going through one of the longest breaks of not seeing each other and it's dragging! I can't remember the last time I haven't seen Marc in a month and a half. We're getting close to reaching a full month and still have two and a half weeks left. WHYYYY! I feel like by the time Marc and I see each other I'll be practically done my semester (not really I'm exaggerating), but you get the point. 15 more days until I get to see my handsome husband and get to squeeze him in my arms so tight he can't breath. Yes, I'm going to squeeze him so tight until he realizes never to go that long without seeing me ever again. When he comes up, we'll be celebrating Valentine's Day, even though it won't be for a couple days, but I'm still excited. Even when Marc and I weren't together, it was one special day we always put aside for each other. The first year was surprising and so fun at the same time. The night of Valentine's day we got pizza in the shape of a heart, watched movies, and honestly I was pretty happy with that alone. Before he left that night he told me to be dressed the next morning by like 11am. I had no clue what we were doing, but let's just say, Marc always listens to what I'm saying. Even if I'm just mentioning something in passing, he always knows how to surprise me with things. I love every single Valentine's Day we spend together because I get to spend them with Marc, but our first will hands down always be my favorite because I never saw it coming. Want to know something funny? My freshman year of high school, Marc and I stopped dating about 2 weeks before Valentine's Day, so I decided to be an "anti-Valentine". I wore all black and mocked everyone that was celebrating the day. Man, have things changed. I guess I love it so much now because I get to be as ooey gooey about Marc as I want, and no one will judge because everyone else is doing it too (well, maybe we'll have a few people judging). Oh well, I love my schnnoookums!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. This will be our first Valentine's Day as a couple, and we're MARRIED! It's crazy, I want to say we move fast, but not at all hahahaha.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago