Missing You


          Do you ever have those moments when you miss someone a little more than extra? Well, I'm having one of those days already, and I've only been awake for about 7 minutes. I'm looking at how long I've been in Indiana, and it's been a whooping 5 days -__- This semester is going to be a long one. I'm hoping once school starts days will go a bit faster, but I can't imagine how they will considering the past five days have been jam packed with work and they've still gone by so slow. I'm not sure what urged me two days ago, but I decided to clean my wedding band and engagement ring. Before I used to take off my rings as soon as I got in the house because I wanted to keep them bright and shiny 24/7, not that I don't still want that because I obviously do. It's just that I've noticed, I feel a bit naked without my rings. I'm sure you have at least one piece of jewelry that you wear every single day, whether it has meaning behind it or not, there's one piece. If it never really had a meaning, just imagine having that single piece of jewelry mean the world to you. It may cost a ton, and it may cost very little, but that stuff doesn't matter. It's the meaning behind the piece you love so much. Since I cleaned my rings, yesterday I decided to take them off when I got in the house and try to keep them clean again. This morning, I think I realized another reason why I didn't want to take my rings off for every little thing. I woke up, grabbed my laptop and rings, and instantly hit panic mode. My fingers swelled up into giant little sausages and I couldn't get my rings on. You could only imagine how upset I was. My thoughts were, "Oh my God, what if they never go back on! How do I get the rings back on without dirtying them? What will Marc think if I can't get the rings back on? WHAT HAVE I DONE?" The one day that I'm super crazy missing Marc, and I couldn't get my rings on because my fingers decided to gain wait over night. On days like this, all I want to do is have things around me that were either given to me from Marc, or have things around me that remind me of him, and of course talk to him, but he's sleeping right now, so I guess I'll have to wait for a little. Rest assured, I used tons of my ring cleaning liquid and shoved my rings down my finger over my chubby little knuckles. It hurt a bit, but no pain no gain. I need my rings, and I miss my man. There's nothing I wouldn't do to just lay down and hold him in my arms as I put my head on his chest, listening to the life I'll be standing beside for the next 50+ years.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I guess I have to stay skinny for the rest of my life. And I must blink a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago