Oh Indiana


          Back to the drawing board. I'm in Indiana, and hating being back already. One more semester without Marc, and I'm not looking forward to it. What I am looking forward to, is making it back home to living with my man. One last semester driving back and forth from Indiana and Philly. Waking up this morning, I was dreading having to leave, but I knew it had to happen. Best believe I left a note waiting for Marc at home to remind him, my head and heart both know where home is for me. I'm coming back to school a married woman, and I can honestly feel the difference. You know how every year for your birthday, people ask you the very next day, "Do you feel any older?" Your answer is usually no. I kind of expected the marriage between Marc and I to feel a little something like that. I guess I thought that because I felt like I've been married to Marc forever, but this is so much different. I feel like I can walk with my head held a little higher, sway my left hand around a little stronger, and claim my new last name that much prouder. When I was younger, I never thought I'd change my last name for a marriage. I don't know why I always felt that way, but I did. In hindsight, I see I wasn't completely understanding what the union of two people was. I didn't understand that a piece of paper binding two could have such an impact. Not only are you choosing each other, but you're letting the world know. Changing your last name is like the cherry on top of the awesome banana split. I can't wait for that final cherry to be put on. Let the beginning of the end of this long distance relationship begin. Five months guys and I'm back home!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Kisses from the Mrs! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago