The Response


Dear Hopeless High School Sweetheart,

          I understand where you are coming from. It's easy to see you have a clear understanding of what you want in a partner, and what you had in this soulmate of yours. I don't usually tell people to just go for it, but there is something about your story that sounds different. You didn't say much, but what you said are the exact things I needed you to say in order to get this response from me. My response is for you to be as open as you need to. It doesn't matter when or where, I can see your heart is in the right place. A little birdie told me you'll be heading up to his college in a few weeks and you never know when you'll get the opportunity again. I know you have your doubts that there are better woman suited for him out there, but if you never give him the chance, you'll never get to see where you'll end up. One day you could end up being Mrs. _______ . Its refreshing to hear you are willing to fight for what you want, I'm sure he'll find something attractive about that. The experiences you have gained in the past few years should give you the knowledge of how to love a partner, and by the looks of it, you love him a lot, even if you aren't together. The way you speak of missing him is undeniable, there is no way he won't be able to see it. It's hard now a days to tell someone how you truly feel when society is constantly telling you to keep your guard up, so I understand if this will be a challenge. Just know that Abby has faith in you and your mystery man. I'm sure you'll swoop him off his feet before any other girl gets the chance.

Your friendly confidant,
Abby

**Into the actual story**

I can't remember if I spoke about this story before, and I think I might have, but it has been bouncing around in my head for days. When I left IUP after Marc's birthday, still without telling him how much I wanted another shot with him, I felt defeated. I was too chicken to go after the guy of my dreams. I'm not sure what came over me in the ride back to Philly, but I did exactly as Abby said. I opened up and simply asked for another shot. Crazy to think Abby was right all along. I'm actually Mrs. Colón <3 I don't think there is anyone in this world that could understand or deal with me the way he does, and vice versa honestly hahaha. We're such handfuls.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Abby sure knows how to be vague and still clear at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago