Snug As A Bug In A Rug


          It's our first day since the day before our wedding that we aren't waking up together. I can't even describe how weird this feeling is. I got so used to waking up with you cuddling me in your arms and having your body heat keep me warm. I don't ever want to get used to waking up alone ever again. I've been teased by marriage and thrown back into the life of a college student. Back to emails, work, and lonely house. How I can't wait to get back to a house of three with my love and our dog, being able to wake up to the best person ever, making breakfast for the two of us, and feeling nothing but comfort in my own home. When Marc and I were together all week, we laughed at how much we could sleep. We say it's because of the comfy bed, but I'm starting to think we just slept better because we were laying next to each other. There is something so comforting in having your loved one next to you in such a time of vulnerability. This might sound creepy, but if you think about it, sleeping with a significant other means you have major trust for that person. You are telling them, I trust you enough to rest my body for several hours with you right by my side, and believe you will not do anything to harm me. I trust you that much. In my weakest state, I know with everything in me, you will protect me at all cost. Whether it's from any outsiders trying to come in and hurt us, or simply me hurting myself grinding my teeth (true story). Sleep is such a fragile thing, and so important, we never realize how much it can really mean. We know we need sleep, but I looked up 10 reasons why sleeping next to you helps me sleep that much better!

You fall asleep faster
When you're alone, you can get caught up in your own head, so if you sleep alone, you can overthink things.

Safe and sound
There's something comforrting about having someone by your side, thus making the quality of your sleep that much better. (^^^didn't I say it!)

This side you sleep on makes a difference
A study found that if you sleep on the left side of the bed, it means you want to get a good start to the day. If you sleep on the right side, you prefer your own company, are grumpier, and don't like your job. (hahaha, this was too funny to pass up)

The closer, the better
People who maintain maximum distance of 2.5cm from their partner are believed to have a good relationship. So, cuddle up. (Yayy cuddle time!)

Never go to bed angry
Too late... for men at least, because that can still sleep soundly, everything will be fine the following day. For women, it's the opposite. It's hard for them to turn their head off, so we just stew, and glare at the sleeping dude next to us.

Snug as a bug in a rug
The warmer you are, the deeper the sleep. So the best way to get that perfect toasty temp is having another body in bed with you. But when it starts to get hot in there, just stick a foot out of the covers, your body temperature will adjust.

Less stress
With less stress comes the lowering of the stress hormones cortisol.

Not just sesx
Even brushing up on your partner will have you high on oxytocin. What it releases is what relaxes you.

TV vefore bed isn't good
The light from your tv is messing with your melatonin levels, the hormone that makes us sleepy.

More energized
If you've slept soundly and comfortably, you'll wake up more refreshed. Ask your partner.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Come here so we can be healthy sleeping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago