We Got A Name Changer


          No, it hasn't happened just yet, but we're getting real close. Today is the day my marriage certificate will be arriving, and I can begin the process of changing my name. I don't think I've ever been so excited to receive something in the mail before. I think I've looked up what I have to do for this process about 100 times already. I can't believe how ready and excited I am to be carrying the love of my life's last name. I've already changed it on places that don't need legal documents, and I can't wait to have it on things like my driver's license, passport, or even my paycheck. It's going to be so funny when I pick up my check and they ask for my last name as they go searching for Rodriguez, and instead I have to interrupt them by saying Colón (pronounced cologne!) <---- I can get used to that hahahha. Or when I go to class with professors that I've had before and they look on the roster and don't expect to see me in class because they're expecting a Rebecca Colón, and not the Rebecca Rodriguez they knew. It used to drive me nuts when people would say Marc's name wrong because I felt like it was kind of disrespectful in a way. The accent mark clearly means it sounds differently than it is spelled, so just ask. The reason I don't think (again, I don't think, because I might) get mad is because I feel happy enough to even have that issue. I definitely never thought I'd say that in a million years, but it's true. I work today, but you can believe as soon as I get home, I will be racing to the mailbox and heading to any office I can with my marriage certificate trying to change my name. It's a good thing I won't be home, otherwise I'd be camping by the mailbox all day, and that might look kind of weird. Mail person, I'm impatiently awaiting your arrival!!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Would you take my last name babe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago