Dear Abby


          When I was younger, I had this obsession with reading the "Dear Abby" section of the newspaper. I was always intrigued about the issues people had and the responses Abby would give them. Sometimes when I get upset, I wonder why I was so obsessed with those articles, and looking back, it's because I always wanted to get advice from her. She had a way of snapping people back into reality and giving them the confidence to do what was necessary. Not only did I admire the wisdom that came from her answers, but I admired her job. A job dealing with other's issues. So, as a strong believer in Abby, I want to play pretend.

Dear Abby,
          I am a senior in high school, and I feel like I am at a loss. I'm a young single woman with many dreams and aspirations, but I feel I'm missing out on something (more like someone) special. For as long as I could remember, I've been looking for a husband. Having my parents and grandparents as couple role models, I knew to expect nothing less than the love they have shown me and each other. And I think I found him my freshman year of high school. I've had a couple boyfriends since then and I feel like I've already missed my chance at being with my true love. We dated while I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. It was an instant connection, and a couple months later ruined by my immaturity. He's always been the one, and now he's in college probably meeting girls that are prettier, smarter, and have the ability to swoop him away. It's difficult to imagine my life with anyone else, and yet right now, we are friends from a distance. How do I fill this empty void that I feel only he is fit?

Sincerely,
The Hopeless High School Sweetheart

It only took a whopping four years for me to finally get an answer from Abby, but for you, I'll make you wait 24 hours. Hopefully Abby comes back with some good advice. Senior high school Becca needed it.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I'm pretty excited to hear what Abby has to say. Also, very ironic my middle name is Abigail. Hmmmmmmmm.... First day of my last semester of college! Oh yeah <3

         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago