I'm Sorry Mrs. Colón.. Ooooooo

Marc and I walking into my surprise wedding. My sister greeting me with my veil, and my mom putting on Marc's boutineer. I wasn't sad, just trying to hold in my tears of joy!

          Yesterday after Marc read the blog, neither of us could help but laugh at what he had realized. All these holidays we've spent together, and this year would be our first year ever as a couple. I wish you all could've seen how amazed he was. It's funny that every time we feel like something is so old for us, it's still so new. We haven't even been in an actual relationship for longer than a year yet (dating back to high school). <----- Now that's crazy! We've been by each other's side as friends longer than we have been in a relationship. You know how a couple of weeks ago when I changed my name and wondered how school would go? Well I'm noticing some of the differences I had predicted. Before when teachers said my full name, they had no hesitations saying Rodriguez. Now I'm constantly getting a, "Rebecca..... uhhh...," as I sit there giggling in my head because I know they don't want to say my name how it's spelled. Not only that, but when I was in class Wednesday night and the teacher was calling role I kind of dazed out. Usually that's fine, but not when your new last name begins with a C and you're the second person to get called on. Thank God I already know that teacher and she checked my name off. Not only have my professors been great about learning how to pronounce my new last name, we even have some fans babe. It's pretty cool! As soon as I walked to my methods class Tuesday, my professor immediately shouted out, "Congratulation Mrs. Colón", and yes, she said it right!! You can only imagine how hype I was. We spoke about the married life and she insisted I tell the class about our winter break shenanigans. I could honestly talk to that lady forever. It's so exciting to talk about Marc and our marriage with someone who is just as excited. It's been my first week of my last semester as a senior here at IUP, and I can say I have successfully made it as a Colón. I love saying Mrs. Colón. It has a nice ring to it (literally and figuratively).

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Per request of my professor, some more pictures of our surprise wedding. Marc, you're a hit lol. Everyone loves you almost as much as I do <3





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago