You're Rare


          I'm home sick. There's nothing to it, just missing being at home with Marc and living our lives together. I'm pretty big on living a positive life, and I'm not immune to falling into negativity. It's hard to get out of these funks when you're missing someone or something. In my case, I'm going through a bit of Marc withdrawal. For the past several years we've been by each other's side pretty much 24/7. Last summer I went through a time of being really sad and just kind of in a crap mood. It's hard to be with your best friend all the time, and then have to learn how to be on your own. It especially didn't help that I was living alone, as I am right now. I never realized how big of a part Marc played in my Indiana life. Whenever I have one or two days off in a row, I can't just head over to Marc's house to just chill and hang out like I used to. I'm stuck with keeping myself busy by watching tv, reading, errands, or getting some work done. Today I found myself going for a long walk. It was beautiful out, and I knew I couldn't just call Marc for company because he was at work. So I grabbed Herky and we walked. We walked for about 45 minutes to an hour. I told myself I'd walk in new directions, walk past places that wouldn't have me super emotional, and somehow I found myself walking past Marc's old house. I wish it could have been that easy to walk to Philly and to actually have been with him. I don't want to stay in this funk because I know the time will fly by faster than I think. It's just hard. It's annoying to think I have to keep myself busy all the time so I don't fall into this homesickness. I just gotta keep reminding myself and imaging how great life will be once I graduate. There will be no more homesickness from my love. There will hopefully be no more funks, or at least 200x easier to come out of them. And I'll finally have my entire support system within a close distance. If the past three and a half years of college can fly by, I'm sure this semester can too.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. You're a rare one to find. I was smart to keep you by my side <3 #NeverLettingGo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago