Kisstletoe


          This week has come and gone way too fast. I've gotten married to the love of my life... twice... hung out with my new family all week, moved into my new house, and came into the New Year with anyone who means anything to me. I couldn't be more grateful to have such a support system, starting with my husband (I can say that now ;) Aaahhh!) As our first day of the new year, my only goal is to soak up the little bits of time I have left here in Philly with Marc. We were able to get all the cleaning done, and now to just rest, watch the football game, eat, and veg around like two bums. I think I can say, I officially know the true meaning of marriage hahah. I only have one day left, and as you've heard from me a million times, I'm dreading going back to Indiana. This week and Marc have been too great to me. I just want to be stuck in time here with Marc. This is going to sound cheesy, but if you watch This Is Us, you probably began to think about your life too. The biological father, William, has terminal cancer, and at the Thanksgiving dinner, William spoke to a girl and told her to take her time and realize what she has right in front of her. He told her to catch all the memories while she was young and able to catch them happening before her eyes. It made me think about my relationship with Marc. On days when I'm upset with Marc, I now have that to think about. I can either be miserable and waste my time being angry letting memories slip through my fingers, or be happy with him by my side and catching every memory I can, while I can. I've made sure to catch every memory this week. I can't let them slip through my fingers. Every gem on my champagne classes will be admired with appreciation, every Hershey kiss will be a reminder to the term "Kiss-tletoe" that my cousin and sister came up with, or the sweet moment I had with Marc to drink hot chocolate at Starbucks as he tricks me into another wedding. I'll remember it all. When I go back to school, anything and everything that happened this weekend will be playing in my head on repeat, motivating me to finish this last semester strong for Marc. He has provided me with so much, I cannot wait for the day when I can give him as much as he gives me. Thank you again my love, for everything you've done. I will say thank you one hundred times over before I quit because that's how appreciative I am.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Go Eagles <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago