Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me


          You know, I talk a lot about what it's like being Marc's wife, but I never thought about what it's like to be a husband. Mine specifically. It's so weird to think someone is at least somewhat equally in love with me. Enough to put a ring on my finger to show the world I'm his one. Of all the people around I was lucky enough to win over my husband. I can rattle off day by day why I'd pick him over and over  again, and he could probably do the same. I did so much throughout the years to show Marc I was in it for the long haul and that he was the one. I could only wish to see what was going through his head all this time. What moments to him were special? How did he decide to marry me? How long it took to realize this was the right thing to do? I'm really trying to wrap my head around the idea of someone loving me the way I love him. When he came to Indiana Friday night, the tears that formed instantly in my eyes were genuine. Every time I see him after a while of being apart I'm reminded how lucky I am to be able to stand next to such an incredible human. Only he could surprise me time after time with a proposal, a wedding, home visits, many more things and get away with it. Those surprises are like another way for him to express his love (and I love it!). Granted, surprising me is kind of easy, but the surprises themselves are always so heartfelt and meaningful, I can't let them go unappreciated. So what is it babe? You know I love asking this question because I like to hear these things come from your mouth, but what about me helped you pick? I know the title of this blog doesn't make sense anymore considering we've already chosen, but the process of getting here wasn't easy. But it's our time now, and we've made the best decision ever together. I picked you, you picked me, I chose you, you chose me, I love you, and you love me. It doesn't get any better than that.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. You make me excited to take on this world! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago