You Have What I Need

Do you ever get tired and wonder how you're going to make it through the day without having some type of meltdown? Yupp, today is that day for me. You wake up and realize there are 1,045,323 things to do, and you have one week to do it all. That's not hard, right? Wrong. So once you reach this point you either give up or look for something that is going to help you get the ball rolling, and I think I found my thing. I have one week of classes left and one week of finals before I have one semester left and all I can think about is how the heck am I going to finish all these projects and presentations in two weeks. I've never been one to stay up past my bed time to do homework (because I'm an old lady and I need my sleep), but Marc always knew when and how to sacrifice. I struggle with giving up things that I want like time to myself, watching tv, wanting to sleep, doing anything other than school work until the last minute, and I need to change that. So here is what I need from you babe. I know you always told me to give up tv for a while, or know when I need to stay awake to get my work done, but tell me again how you're able to function working on fumes. You've told me plenty of times before, but this is the first time I'm heading into finals week without you, and I'm realizing how nice it was to have you by my side motivating me by being as studious as you were. A whole semester without you and it's been a weird one, I'm not a fan. But I need to keep telling myself, I'm not just going to school for myself, although it is a great accomplishment, I am going to school to make a better life for us. I'm slowly but surely catching up to you, it just sucks to not have you physically by my side for the first time. I want to be just like you. To graduate with honors, tons of cords showing all of the things you've done throughout your time at IUP, teachers and classmates flocking to you so proud of everything you've accomplished, if that isn't motivation I don't know what is. You may make other people proud, but to me, proud isn't even the word. I feel so lucky to know that you've chosen me to be by your side for the rest of your life, and I want to make sure you know it was all worth while. I will work to accomplish many things and make you proud with the things I do. I will be like you, in a sense that, no one or anything will get in my way of making our lives better. I will crush these next two weeks, full time school and 42 hour work weeks. Fatigue will not take over, my happiness will not be brought down, and my love for you will only get stronger as I work to be as strong and intelligent as you. Thank you for providing me with such a great example of how to not only get through college, but how to get through the rough days.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. I may be super tired right now, but I want to be just like you. I love you stinker <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago