Roadtrip!


No, we aren't taking a road trip any time soon, but I was just reminded about when Marc and I used to make our long travels back and forth from Indiana to Philly, as I leave the Honda dealership. At first I was just excited because every trip back home included me. And I'm pretty sure Marc knew how much that meant to me. But the trip itself, well they were exactly and metaphorically that. A trip. During our 4 to 5 hour drives we would talk about so much. And sometimes we spoke very little after getting upset with each other. It's funny to think that any time I got mad I would do that dramatic look out the window for the rest of the drive. Yeah, I'm a drama queen. But on the drives where we spoke, they were great looking back. Even if I was crying babe. You guys are probably thinking, if you were crying, how were the talks so great? I'll tell you why. Freshman year coming up to college, I was having a rough time. I was only taking 4 classes, I was missing home, and I just didn't feel like anything deserved my effort. I lacked motivation, and I felt lonely unless Marc was with me. During those talks, Marc was constantly trying to motivate me to get into activities, or to already be looking at internships, jobs, anything you can think of that would look good on a resume and make me feel good about myself. He pushed school work and got me involved in an organization on campus. Just about every talk I cried because I knew he was right, and I didn't want to hear it. You know how sometimes you just want to be stubborn and not listen, even when you know you probably should? Well, that's me in a nut shell. Annoying, I know. Thank you Marc for putting up with my stubborn self. But the reason I feel this is so necessary to bring up, is because how great I feel now that I have listened. It only took about 3 years of banging in my head to figure out I need to think of my future, but I think I'm finally getting it. This semester, not only did I not have Marc around, but I was working full time at the pharmacy and taking 18 credits in school. By no means was that easy. But as I sit here looking at how his motivation kept me going, and I see how great my grades look even though this was my toughest semester, I see all I had to do was listen. Marc may annoy me sometimes with his constant advice because I want to feel like I can do things on my own, but it's important for me to realize, he's not doing those things to make me feel like I can't do them on my own, but because he wants what's best for me. Advice is a hard thing to take, but once you do, sometimes you wish you had taken it a lot sooner. I do wish that I had taken his advice a lot sooner, but hey, it's a work in progress. Thank you for believing in me and motivating me to do great things babe. I couldn't have made it through this semester without you.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. I can still hear one of your motivational speaking songs in my head as I write this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago