In Five Years


Do you ever just get into those moments when you can see the future right before your eyes? It's a pretty great feeling. I don't want to have any expectations for the future because anything can happen at a moments notice, but it's still fun to think of what could be. It's cool to think, when I was 14, I spotted Marc from a bus, and knew I wanted to get to know him. Not at all did I think we could get this far in that moment. I was just a girl with a crush, and now, eight years later, I'm a girl who's engaged to her best friend.
In five years from now I could be back in Philadelphia living with my husband. Can you believe that? I'll be able to call him my husband. Hopefully we'll be waking up sometime around now because that's what you do when you're adulting, and I'd be getting ready to walk Herky as Marc catches an extra five to ten minutes of sleep. I'm trying to picture kids, but we'll let that happen when it happens haha. I'm not putting any kind of rush on that. I'd like to be selfish at least for a few years in having Marc to myself before we start ripping our hair out with screaming babies, Herky will do for now. But I'd come back in the house after walking Herky, and I'd make my usual breakfast, but for two, because I'd be forcing Marc to actually get up at this point. No oversleeping allowed, we're grown ups, and they don't sleep. During breakfast we'd be drinking hot chocolate because Marc doesn't like coffee, and I'm down to drink hot chocolate any day. We would talk about errands to run for the day, and how busy things are at work, because hopefully we're both working, and if we aren't, at least we'll be happy together. I can't really say how the day would go because I have not a clue what kind of job I'll end up in, but I know we'll be happy regardless. Hell, I might even still be in school, who knows. As we talk throughout the day over the phone because we are being busy bodies all day long, we plan our date for the night because that's something we'll never get tired of. I can't choose our "restaurant" just yet because I can't just pick it, we like when that just happens. We've went through an Applebee's phase, currently in a Cheesecake Factory phase, I can't even begin to guess where we'll end up next. But we would come home, and I'd immediately start getting ready as Marc lays around because he'd be trying to catch a mini nap, calling out to me to come relax with him just for a second, because we've had busy days. I'd be resistant at first because I want him to get up, but I'd lay down because I refuse to waste a second not showing him how much I love him. We'd eventually get ready and make it to dinner. At this point we would be talking about what adventure we'd like to take on next. Should we travel? Or have some kind of family get together at the house? So many options to look forward to.
It's cool to think ahead, but for now, I'm not going to let any expectations linger because I'd like for Marc and I to live day by day, loving each moment we have together. There's no need to put a rush to it. We may have our lives together, but whenever you talk to an older person, they say their lives flashed right before their eyes. And I don't want ours to flash without loving every second of it.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. I'll love you no matter what situation we are in. Jobless, homeless, dogless, I'm choosing you to stick it all out with. I love you stinker <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago