Don't Take My Sunshine Away

Hey, babe, do you remember when I worked at Mandee and you used to wait for me outside as I left work? I don't know why that popped in my head this morning, but it did. I wanted to tell you right away, but I'm glad I didn't because I loved how our phone call just went. You might not be right here with me at this moment, but that call is exactly what I needed after my last final and a long day at work. Talking to you is like a breath of fresh air. Of all the nicknames I've given you over the years, Sunshine remains the favorite. Think about it. When you wake up in the morning, what would you rather be greeted into the world for the day with? A beautiful sun shining, or clouds and rain? I don't know about you, but I prefer beautiful weather over a stormy day any day. On days when it's bright and sunny out, don't you tend to feel better? And when it's raining and cloudy, the day just feels so drab. With you around, both figuratively and not, my day honestly just feels better. I've never listened to the actual, "You Are My Sunshine" song until today, and I thought it was the sweetest thing. It took me a while to find a non-country version,  but I finally found one. Take a listen!


With love always,
Becca

P.s. From your sweetheart <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago