Taken For Granted

          We all speak about how much we never want to be taken for granted. But do we ever really think about us taking someone else for granted? Nope, and why is that? Because humans by nature are selfish. But... And there is a but... When you love someone, and vow up and down how much they mean to you, you really have to think back to yourself and say,"Am I treating them with the respect they deserve? Am I showing them just how much I love them?" Last night Marc tagged me in a post on Facebook, and I loved the video I was watching. You might have seen this video before, but I'll tag it down below so you can see why it touched my heart so much. I say over and over again how grateful I am to have Marc around, and I pray all the time thanking God for placing him in my life. He really was heaven sent. He's my reality check, my fantasy, my everything. You'd never know how to respect and love someone until you have become completely vulnerable. If you have your guard up, that proves one thing. That you are still worried about yourself. Something I need to work on. The moment you pass the reigns off to another, even if it's only for a moment, you're showing the vulnerabilities you're trying to hide. Those vulnerabilities are not to be taken for granted and abused. No one is saying those moments aren't scary, because they are. They're vulnerabilities for a reason. It's something you're either not proud of or something you just don't want to share. Those are moments when we have to step up, and show why we deserve to see what our significant other was so scared to show. Of course I love Marc, and try to show him just how much I love him everyday with these blogs, but that doesn't, for a second, exempt me from getting in over my head by taking him for granted and not realizing the true purpose of these blogs. To show him, and everyone else why he is my soulmate, and the power that love truly has. With love, you can overcome anything.



With love always,
Becca

P.s. Not just an emotional solution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago