My One


          Growing up, I'm pretty sure every girl has talked about this with their friends, me included. There was always one person that stood out to us, and could do no wrong. They could be your close friend, distant friend, someone you dated in the past, what ever, but there was some THING about them that drew you in. Not everyone is lucky enough to be their one's one. In high school, there was really nothing wrong with mine and Marc's relationship, I think that's why it was something I just couldn't let go. We were just young, and didn't know what we wanted quite yet. I mean, come on, we were only 14 and 15. (You could probably still say that now at our age, but we're going to let it slide) Throughout those years, we may have dated other people, but we always remained friends. Not close friends, but I could never just ignore Marc, and he had my back too. How many people can say they are at least cordial with their ex's, let alone cool with each other? Not many. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If a couple can remain friends after a breakup they were either just friends all along or they're each other's one. It's crazy to think I've been saying he's my one for over 5 years now. I would tell my friends all the time, even though we may not be together, he is my one. I knew it. I can clearly remember having this discussion with one of my friends in our math class. I told her, I didn't know what it was, but I just couldn't let Marc go. I could never hate him the way exes usually do.
          Growing up, you're always taught what kind of standards you should have for a significant other, and they're always skim the surface type of standards. He has to have a job, he has to have a car, a house, all that non sense that doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. A guy can have a job, a car, a roof over their head, all those typical things and still be a total douche bag. I'm sorry, but I'd much rather pass. People can say, well you say that now, but you're not with someone who doesn't have those things. And here is my answer. When I was a senior in high school, did Marc have a job? No, he was just entering college. If he were having car issues, I was more than happy to drive him anywhere because I felt like I could give him something for the million things he has done for me. Before the house, if he wasn't quite sure where to stay for a night, I begged him to stay with me. Marc offered me comfort, love, a best friend, a confidant, a motivator, an advice giver, and so much more. If you still care about that one person through hardships, no matter how big or small, try to figure out what they mean to you. It took me about three years of high school to realize he was my one, but I finally got it right.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Who's your one?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago