Let The Learning Begin...


          So yesterday was a big day. Marc and I announced our marriage and I got to spend time together with the most important women in our life. My mom, sister, aunt, Marc's mom Lina, and grandmom MamiLydia <3 Our families are finally coming together right before our eyes. Everyone gets along, and I couldn't be more relieved. Today is going to be interesting. As Marc and I woke up this morning he mentioned how different today would go. Usually he is in Philly with my family while I'm in Indiana either working or in school. Instead, today he is going to work, and I'm staying home with his family. It's cool to think, I'm home with my family, and not one person here is blood related to me. This is what we asked for, and we got exactly that. I thank Marc so much for giving me a family I adore and that I can enjoy their company. I stayed with his grandmom all day yesterday. It was definitely a girls v.s boys day. MamiLydia and I started the day by going food shopping. If you know me, you know I don't understand Spanish all that well and I don't speak it. MamiLydia is the exact reverse, except she's a bit better at the bilingual thing. Food shopping was funny because in order to understand each other we used many hand gestures, facial expressions, and tons of pointing. After food shopping the boys went their way to go eat, and all of us girls went to eat at a local diner. We spoke about many things, and leaving, I felt nothing but comfort and support. That's the greatest thing for Marc and I right now. This is going to be our first year married, and it's common to see this be the make or break year. We will gladly and wholeheartedly accept any kinds of support. After spending the day with women who have experience and life under their belts, I'm slowly understanding what I want to give Marc in our marriage. I want to make him feel comfortable the way his grandmom does. I want to be his confidant the way his mom is. I want to stick by his side the way my mom has for my dad. I want to keep his life joyful and radiant the way my aunt lives. And I want him to find laughter the way my sister does. I want to offer Marc the world. It starts out with the women closest to us. Blood may bring some of our relationships together, but we chose to unite because of the love we have despite the bloodlines. I cannot wait to walk through each day with Marc knowing this was OUR decision, and no one can take that away from us.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Anything you need, I will do what ever it takes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago