Yin Yang


Have you ever wondered how opposites attract? I'm still wondering that same thing. It's weird to think, people who are so different from each other can work together so well. Of course they are going to have moments of disagreement because of their differences, but realizing those differences is a big part of accepting them. And sometimes the things we think are differences, aren't. Let's say I am super emotional and I need to let out tears to get over my anger before I can have a conversation about anything, and let's say Marc needs to blow off some steam before he can talk. They're kind of the same thing. We both need space, and we're probably both super stubborn (stubborn is definitely the word). But you see how things can be similar. We both talk to people in different ways, but in the end, we both want to help people in any way we can (he's a lot better at it than me). I'm pretty go-with-the-flow, and sometimes need to care about this a little more than I actually do, and Marc is very structured. Time and time again, you've seen how his structured ways have helped me dramatically. Sometimes the things we need in a person are the things that will balance us. I am usually hesitant to accept advice from Marc, but that's exactly what I need sometimes, whether I like it or not. These differences that we offer each other are a really big part of our relationship. It may be difficult to get past them sometimes, but we've become aware of these differences, and are constantly working at learning to work with each other. Appreciating those differences is the biggest accomplishment we can have.

With love always,
Becca

P.s. Here's what Yin Yang symbolize.

"Everything contains Yin and Yang. They are two opposite yet complementary energies. What does this really mean? Although they are totally different—opposite—in their individual qualities and nature, they are interdependent. Yin and Yang cannot exist without the other; they are never separate."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago