A Forever Thing


          It's crazy to think today is day #5 of waking up as a wife, and day #4 of waking up in my new home. It has become so natural so quick, I couldn't be happier. Marc and I have already created a sort of routine so I'm excited about that too. I never thought I'd be excited to wake up when my husband did as he got ready for work and for me to go downstairs to let out the dog. It might be early and whoever is a negative nelly will say it will ware off, but I see this lasting with excitement for a long time. I get to lay down on the living room sofa, typing up our daily blog, and Marc tells me how tired he is making his long journey to work and can't wait to come back home. His family may be leaving in a few days, but having them around lately has been a blast. Yesterday we took a road trip, and it was definitely something new for all of us. I enjoyed having a long day with his family and my sister, only one thing could have made it better and that would have been to have Marc with us. I made sure to take pictures because I didn't want him to feel left out (I'm sorry babe, I still have to actually show you the pictures, but I have them!). As we made our way back, we decided to hang out around Marc's job to wait for him. That's when my real excitement started to build. It's weird because I go weeks without seeing Marc up at school, but when I'm here in Philly, just him going to work feels like a lifetime. When he finally arrived we were all able to laugh and partake in deciding who was funnier as we racked up the laughs between Marc and I (but we all know I'm the funny one in our relationship ;) ) I love making Marc laugh, and him me. It helps balance out our days of struggle. I'm dreading having to leave in about a week, and already pumped for the next time I come back home. I'll repeat it over and over again, five more months, and then the week I have lived this past week with be a forever thing.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I'm really starting to enjoy typing my new last name <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago