Christmas Eve in Vegas- We're Married!

         
          So I may have left out a few details about what actually happened this weekend. On December 24, 2016 on Christmas Eve, I was lucky enough to have married my best friend <3 It was a long time coming and we finally did it! Obviously we had plans to get married, but if you know us and our relationship, we are far from traditional. Friday night, as we attempted to sleep the night before our wedding, I couldn't help but continuously wake up every half-hour to hour panicking we wouldn't wake up in time, and that our trip to Vegas would have been wasted. I was so excited and my stomach was turning. I couldn't believe I was finally going to be legally united with Marc. With only a couple hours of sleep, I don't think I've ever been so awake. We only had a few hours before the wedding after waking up, our jet lag was killer, but we were pumped. I know it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, but getting ready with Marc was so much fun. We got to talk about how nervous and excited we were. Even though Marc had already seen me, we played musical rooms as we got ready, so I didn't see him until I needed to. So the time came, and we were ready to head to the clerk's office. It was only a short 10 minute drive, but it felt like forever. When we got into the office, it became all too real. We stood in line with about 10-15 other couples all ready to get married. It was fun to see the variety of couples all waiting patiently for their turn to pick up their marriage licenses. You guys didn't know it, but in yesterday's blog, the picture was us waiting in line to pick up our marriage certificate. Once it was our turn in line, we went over our information and within a couple minutes off to the wedding chapel.
          You always think, man the people that run away and get married are crazy. Well, I'm not disagreeing with you in any way. Crazy we are, but crazy in love even better. We entered the chapel and at that moment my stomach dropped. I felt like it all happened so quickly, I was nervous, I felt sweaty, I was thinking how scared we both were, I wanted to read Marc's mind, and so many more thoughts were rushing through my head. Hell, what if he left me at the alter! No one would have known because we ran away. After I came out of the room from putting my dress on, I had about 2 seconds before the music started playing. In my head I was thinking, why didn't they give me more time. But looking back, I see why they didn't. No time to think, less chance of running away (Hahahah just kidding, I jogged right on in the room. Just kidding again. But I did walk fast!) You know how you see pictures of the guys when the bride is walking down the aisle, well I made sure to stare at Marc. I was nervous because even though we make sure to let the other know how much we love one another, you always think, but what if? And that's where the faith comes in. Our first prayer as we stood together at the alter calmed my insides, I was ready to become the wife of Marc Anthony Colón. We stood there squeezing each others clammy hands, eyes glistening with tears, expressing each other's love, all by ourselves. No outside distractions, just me and my love. In the moments when we placed the rings on each other and said our I do's, we had finally come together as one.
          I can officially say, our journey as a couple has finally begun. Everything from here on out will now affect both of our lives. I can't help but think back, how it all started with me spotting you walking with your group of friends as I stood on a Septa bus. We've come a long way my love, I can't wait to see what the world has in store for us.

With love always,
Rebecca Abigail Colón

P.s. My name isn't changed legally yet, but believe me, it won't be long before it is!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago