Who's Patricia??


          Clearly I've been looking through wedding pictures lately and have been reminiscing on what happened almost three months ago, aka Marc and I getting married. I went cruising through some of our family member's Facebook profiles and came across some of the best pictures I didn't know we had. Some pictures that have stories all on their own. This picture is what happened at probably the funniest moment of our second wedding. I remember when Marc and I first began to talk about marriage, we had come to an understanding that it would have to be an Spanglish kind of wedding. We both have people in our families who speak and understand Spanish a whole lot easier than English. I don't think it ever occurred to me that I would have to speak Spanish myself, because I don't catch on to things like that. Typical Becca. Anyway, so we have two pastors at our ceremony, one Spanish speaking and one English speaking. They both had the same script to follow, so everything was said twice. Marc spoke first in Spanish, and as I'm waiting for the English pastor to give me the translation I quickly realized that was not the case. I'm not very confident in my Spanish speaking skills, let alone speaking it in front of a crowd, yikes. We're going back and forth between our English and Spanish lines, until our Spanish pastor says something that throws everyone off. I guess she forgot to change the name on her paper, and all I could hear say was the name Patricia. At this point, I was like, ahhhhh no, this is awkward. Fix it Becca, asap! I may not be quick with jokes, but I was determined to keep the fun vibes of our wedding going, so I smacked Marc's shoulder yelling, "Who's Patricia?", in the sassiest tone I could think of on the spot. Immediately, everyone starts cracking up, as I'm realizing only Marc could be super cute and look embarrassed over something like that <3 Clearly there is no Patricia, but it was definitely funny to see Marc's face when it happened. This might have been a "you had to be there" kind of moment, but definitely a great memory for anyone who was at the wedding.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Don't think you got away yet Patty!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago