Perfect Day for Storytime


          I was reminded this morning, yet another reason why I miss having Marc up here in Indiana with me. About a week or two ago he warned me to bundle up regardless of the weather because I get sick around this same time every year. Seriously, always around Marc's birthday, go figure. Well, today I woke up feeling, well, less than okay. Actually, I felt like crap. Correction, feel like crap. Not even realizing what I was texting Marc, I let him know I was sick, and bam. He called it. He knew his wife better than his wife knew herself. I swore up and down that I never get sick, and he called it. But the story begins my freshman year. Freshman year I was really sick around October. I could barely make it through physically training with ROTC, don't know how I kept my eyes open in my one history class, and passed out for the rest of the day. I honestly just wanted to be home, or around family. At about 8-9pm I finally decided to take my temperature. 104 degrees, damn near dead. I freaked out calling my parents, took medicine asap, and their first words were, "Call Marc, ask him to take you to the hospital right away", and I did exactly that. I called Marc asking him to hurry to my dorm room and to pick me up. I can't remember what Marc was doing that night, but I remember feeling bad about asking him to take me to the hospital. As he walked in my dorm, I remember his words still to this day. "Huh, you're pretty when you're sick", I remember laughing and feeling a little better already. I was expecting an, "Oh my God, what hideousness", and instead I got the opposite. We went to the hospital and I remember Marc making me laugh the whole time. By the time the doctors took my temperature, I was already at 99 or 100 degrees. Don't get me wrong, I did still feel like crap and the medicine may have helped, but I think it was Marc and his presence that made me better. The doctors sent me off with cough drops and some nasty liquid medicine that I think I took twice. But after a day or so, I was completely back to normal.
          Last year I got sick on Marc's birthday, so you can imagine how angry I was. Birthdays are something that I like to go above and beyond with Marc. It kind of just became a thing, and with how sick I was, that was not happening. That entire week I just laid in bed, feeling like garbage. Marc would bring over natural medicine, make me soup, and his company. On his birthday, I seriously built up all the strength I could to get dressed and at least make him dinner. I went out to the grocery store and Dairy Queen. Marc doesn't like cake, so I got him a cookie dough ice cream cake. I asked him to come over, because I couldn't let him down, regardless of my sickness. My bubba is special and deserves the world. Thank you babe for taking care of me when I feel like poop! <3

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I wish you were here with me now :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago