Man Crush Monday


          Today in my gender class we spoke a lot about high school relationships and socialization, and it got me thinking back to our older days as a couple. Remember, Marc and I were only 14 and 15 when we first became boyfriend and girlfriend. I'm pretty sure I spoke about how we first got together in one of the earlier blog posts and about our first date. I'm still trying to figure out what movie we went to see on our first date. I even looked up 2009 movies and I can't figure it out. Right now I'm thinking Lovely Bones, but I'm not quite sure. Anyway, back to what I was getting in to. It made me think about the things I used to cherish in those days. It's honestly funny to think of how we were as a couple. After our first date Marc started talking the 67 bus, that way we could ride the bus together going to school (we were cool haha). Marc would always take the early bus, so I would get up earlier, just to ride together. We would sit all the way in the back on the bus. I remember my dad would take me to the bus stop every morning, even though it was at the corner of my house, and I would hope and pray a girl friend of mine would be on the bus too. Since I didn't tell my parents Marc was my boyfriend for a month. But I'd get on the bus thinking I was so cool sitting next to Marc. I remember sitting at one of the cafeteria tables for breakfast and how we'd play Tap Tap Revenge on Marc's phone because I was still a part of the flip phone crew. I really did think he was all that and a bag of chips. We didn't have much time physically together when we dated because it was morning ride on the bus, breakfast, and home ride on the bus. Other than that, it was all phone calls. I said this before too, but I loved having a little sister around, because I felt like she was a toy I could show off. Like hey Marc, even if you don't really want to talk to me, look at this adorable little girl I have (not in a creepy way, Sara really was a cute little kid, WHAT HAPPENED?). I don't even remember what we spoke about, it had to have been about nonsense really. The one thing I can say is, we always knew about looking up to our role model couple relationships. I looked up to my grandparent's relationship, and he always looked up to his Godparent's relationship. If you think about it, we were definitely little kids, but our hearts were definitely beyond our years. Babe, what are some things you remember from when we dated in high school?

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Oh, and I remember thinking you sucked at Tap tap, and how much you swore you were better hahaha. I think this calls for a challenge. And we really have to find that picture of you and me at your Rush graduation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago