I Wonder How That Will Go


          We've never lived together. Minus the few nights we've spent together because of short vacations or weekend trips, a week and a few days is the longest we've ever lived with each other. It's weird to imagine how things will be in seven weeks when I'm officially at the house. People are always saying the first year is the hardest, and that living together will be an adjustment, so I'm curious. I think it finally hit Marc earlier today, that in a couple of weeks I'll be crashing the house as a permanent guest. We will have gone through our first six months of marriage living in separate households. Does that mean our difficult first year and roommate situation adjustment will begin in May, rather than when we said our I do's? For Marc, no more sleeping when ever he wants, because I wake up early and don't like being awake alone, and I'm not a napping kind of person. For me, no more just watching my "nonsense" TV without having someone walk past thinking I'm ridiculous for what I'm watching. If those are the kinds of things couples are supposed to get used to, I think we may have some things checked off already. We might not be a traditional couple, but there are some things that really don't change. I still "can't stand" always having Marc around, while loving every minute of it at the same time <3. Is that marriage material enough for society? I can't wait to have him around after a long day of work so I can tell him about how my day went and he can tell me about his. Or just to have him around half paying attention as I speak nonsense as typical husbands and wives do. Have someone to reminisce with like we are right now. I can't concentrate right now, so I guess this will be one of the things I have to look forward to.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. And our many competitions. My life is "spectacular" <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago