Unapologetically Becca


          Clearly I've been thinking about leaving school a lot because of graduation, but it's making me think about coming here to Indiana in the first place. Right now, specifically, I'm thinking about my freshman year, move in weekend. Freshman year, of course I was excited to start school, but that was also the beginning of another go around for Marc and I. I don't usually talk about the times where the Becca Marc relationship was down, but I want to show Marc just how much he stayed on my mind. Coming in to school, we weren't exactly talking at the time, but that does not mean I didn't want to. And obviously, I never gave up. Well, I was sure to take advantage of every opportunity I could get. When I first arrived on campus, and my parents and aunt were helping me unpack my stuff, we were struggling to get the tv set up. Well, my dad had a few students from Philly that he used to mentor who went to IUP. They just so happened to be Marc's roommates that year. So, my dad called them up, asking them to help us out. I was literally hoping and praying Marc would come with them, but he didn't. At that point, I didn't even care for the tv, I just wanted to see Marc. Thank God the guys suggested we go see their house. I was really banking on Marc being there, and he was. (Yes, I am a creep) That had been the first time we had seen each other in a while. It was one of those awkward smile and say hi moments, but it was something. I just wanted Marc to see that I was still around, and to remember me. We didn't start talking, but at least I knew that he knew I was at IUP. Like I've said many times before, Marc is beyond caring, and is always willing to help, no matter the situation. He made it clear to me that if I ever needed anything I could reach out. Little did he know, I'd be reaching out almost ever day with something that I could figure out myself. All I really needed was Marc himself. Every year at the beginning of Fall semester, IUP has a freshman convocation (a big event welcoming the freshman). I had been told by people in my dorm hallway that everyone goes. Immediately I thought, MARC! I put on a skirt, straightened my hair, and made sure to look somewhat cute (that outfit is debatable though, my style has changed greatly since then). When I was walking through the Oak Grove (school-yard-garden-type-thing) with a group of friends, I had been dazing off searching for Marc in the crowd. In typical Becca style, I pointed out Marc and his roommates because I knew my friends were friends with them too (Just taking advantage of another opportunity). I still to this day remember Marc just sitting back in his ball shorts and t-shirt and me acting like a little school girl. Our friends said hi and talked for like 30 seconds, but that was enough for me. I was just happy to see him another day. It's almost embarrassing when I talk about moments like these, and then I realize where we are today, and see it was all worth it. <3 I'd do it all over again!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. 3 weeks of class, 1 week of finals! You look so angry in this picture, I'm cracking up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago