Mini Series: Our Success


          Like I said yesterday, I've learned so much in the past three days. About myself, grad school, and creating/maintaining relationships (when it comes to school, jobs, etc.). Who would've thought, I'd listen to a speech so inspiring, it made me want to be a better wife? Not me, that's for sure. I thought at most I'd be getting knew info that we'd need, not a whole character check. I'm not one to admit my wrongs, but I know I have been a very cranky person lately. I have become someone that I was not a fan of. Someone who needed to check themselves before lashing out at others. For a good while, I was no longer loving Becca the way I used to. If I've learned anything this weekend, it's you have to love and believe in yourself first, in order to give the best you to others, in my case, my husband, Marc. Today I'll begin a seven day mini series. Again, what I'm going to be letting you in on is what I have learned during a speech, very well spoken by, Dr. Jackson. Very often, we push those closest to us, and need a reality check from the outside world. Her talk gave me that. For the next 7 days, I'll be speaking about what she calls, the "7 Pillars for Success". #1 Get clear about WHAT you want, not captive to the HOW you'll get it. I don't know about you, but I've said it plenty of times before, I am easily scared. Literally, about anything. If you think marriage isn't a scary thing, you're crazy. It's probably the scariest thing ever. Of course you get to be connected with the person you love the most and want the best for, but once again, that is exactly what I am so fearful of. I want the BEST for Marc, and nothing less. I get caught up in my attitude, my fear, school, work, anything and everything, instead of focusing on what really matters. The relationship I hold with my husband. In case it isn't obvious of what I want from what I said yesterday, I'll repeat it again today, and for the next 20 days. Remember, we will have an against-the-odds, everlasting, successful relationship! Against the odds, because we are a young couple living in a time of divorce. Everlasting, because I know we need to remain side by side for the rest of our lives. Successful, because we will at the very least, try our best to accomplish all of our goals. We will unapologetically go after anything and everything we want together as a team. If things don't go the way we want, then it probably wasn't meant to be, and there will be something much greater out there for us to accomplish. We will not be broken down by those moments, we will work together as a team with everything we've got to make our reality something 200x better than what we could have ever imagined. I don't know about you, but I know what I want!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s We will have an against-the-odds, everlasting, successful relationship! Why is that? Because I believe it <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago