Our Story


          It is finally time to wind down, and end the night on a bright note talking about my love. You know how you have those long days at work and all you want to do is run home and relax with your loved ones? Well, I'm having a major case of that right now. Work was rough, that is until towards the end when I got to speak about Marc. I've told this story before, probably in one of my first five posts, but I got to tell it at work today. One of my bosses at work isn't married and thinks of love in a cynical way. After hearing mine and Marc's story, he said there was some hope. Of course he joked about never finding love, but if my story can help melt one chilly heart at a time, than I'll do it everyday (Well, I kind of try that already, but you get the point). So, I went on to tell my boss how I had this crazy random crush on Marc when I was 14. I spotted him from a bus I was on, and was immediately intrigued. Not long after, I convinced a friend to give him my number, or give me his number. We had this open house event at our high school and a lot of the current students volunteered to help out. I did it, and so did Marc. This was my big break hahaha. They told us to break up in groups of 3 I believe, and I was the odd man out. He had his best friend, and his best friend's girlfriend. So, I got stuck with some other people. I was so sad!! Every time I'd pass him in the hallway I'd get butterflies for reasons unknown, because I don't even think he knew my name at that point. By the end of the day, our numbers had been exchanged and I remember hating how much Marc would call me buddy. I didn't want to be his buddy, I wanted to get to know him, and tell him how much I was crushing on him. After three days of texting nonstop, we had a half day at school. The Rush thing to do was to go to the mall, and we did. We went to a movie (we still can't remember which one) and that was that! Marc had this thing where he didn't ask girls to be his girlfriend, so I asked, and he said YES! We seriously "knew" each other for 3 days haha. But our judgement couldn't have been too bad. Here we are, years later, married! Nothing puts me in a better mood like remembering our story <3

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I don't know where that bravery came from when I was 14, I'm the biggest punk ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago