Take a Breather


          Between class, work, and everything else, I always find writing the blog to be my peaceful time of day. Even if it's just to talk about talking about Marc, it gives me a sense of comfort for the half-hour to forty-five minutes it takes for me to type this up. This is probably the best habit I have ever created for myself. For this bit of time every day, I know I get to talk about Marc, aka my favorite topic ever. At work today, I had a floater pharmacist, Kelly, come back for the day. She quickly asked how my boyfriend was. You can imagine how excited I was to show her my ring. It's crazy because it hasn't even been a year since I saw her, and I was able to show her so much of what has transpired in the last 9 months. I became giddy because my marriage isn't new anymore, but to her it was. Instant excitement took over because it felt like Christmas all over again, telling people what happened. I happily took out my phone and showed her tons of wedding pictures, our proposal video, our wedding video, and she was excited to learn how great Marc and I were doing. I'm not gonna lie, I became a bit frustrated with myself for the fact that I haven't watched the videos in a while. I forgot why I watched our proposal video every day last summer. And that's because watching the video puts me back at those moments, and in that bit of time I can feel the butterflies fluttering in my stomach, my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard, and I just think how lucky I am to have Marc in my life and to never take him for granted. You don't realize how much looking back at a picture or a video can completely change your day around. I wasn't having a bad day or anything, but it sure did become 200x times after meeting with Kelly. I forgot how great you were at surprises <3

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Go watch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago