A Different Kind of Easter


          Coming up to school all the way in Indiana, I was aware I wouldn't be able to go home whenever I wanted. It's a long drive, and I worked most of the time I was up here. Prior to coming up to college, there was not a single holiday that I didn't spend with my family. It didn't matter how big or small the holiday, we always stayed together. Whenever friends would ask me to hang out with them, it was an instant no because I knew where I needed to be. Ever since I've been at IUP, I may not have had my immediate family, but I always had Marc up here with me. Freshman year first semester, I really struggled with homesickness, and I wouldn't have made it without Marc by my side. He was truly my home away from home. Today marks the first big holiday I won't have my parents, Sara, or Marc around, and it just feels weird. I love Easter, and yet today feels like a regular Sunday. I look forward to never having another one of these holidays. It has definitely made me think about requesting holidays off far in advance like my coworkers had. The bright side to this, is that I feel very comfortable knowing my entire family is spending this amazing holiday together. I can't be there with them, but I'm glad they are always able to come together without me. There's nothing more exciting than knowing how seamlessly your significant other and family can come together. Not only does it make me extremely happy, but I know how lucky both Marc and I are to fit so well with each other's family. <3

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I hope you're having a great day bub, I love you <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago