Throwback Tuesday- Storytime


          Today, things all became too real. I've been excited about graduation, and making it home to Marc and my family, but today as our school co-op store began selling graduation regalia, it all became that much more real. As I checked in at registration we were asked to present our IUP ID cards, and it made me think how far Marc and I have made it together. On my iCard, my name is written as Rebecca A. Rodriguez, my maiden name (that's feels so weird to say being only 21). I thought back to freshman orientation. Talk about throw back stories, I'm already cracking up. At orientation, the last night of orientation they put all of the upcoming freshmen in an event space on campus. They provide snacks, drinks, games, and all kinds of activities. I always wanted a cool spray tattoo, so that was the first activity I did. I couldn't think of what I wanted, and finally I decided. M.A.C. down my rib side. In case you don't know what that stands for... Marc Anthony Colón hahaha. I was so hype, I took a picture of it, and immediately sent it to Marc. I felt like a little rebel child getting that fake tattoo. Anyway, it shows me how far we've come. I came into college unfocused, Marc-chasing, and didn't know what I wanted in life. Grad school was as far as I had been thinking. Today, I am completely focused, married to Marc, and completely backed up by my husband to continue my education as far as I can. I'm just so excited to get through graduation and to have Marc waiting for me at the end. I've been talking about this picture forever, and thanks to my mother-in-law, we finally have it. <3

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. The glow up is real!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago