Foodstory


          I've talked plenty about mine and Marc's eating interests before, but today as I looked through old pictures, it gave me a major sense of nostalgia. I thought about our first actual date at Carrabba's Italian Grill. A date I'll never forget, for both great and embarrassing reasons. Then I think about the many trips to Dairy Queen, The Meadows, and Cold Stones. I guess ice cream is sort of our thing too. Now that I brought up ice cream, I'm remembering our first summer talking again. Marc has this thing where he won't eat or drink anything when visiting a house, which drives me nuts. My mom always said, "When you have guests over, don't ask them if they want food or drinks, just give it to them," I'm guessing because of people like Marc. Well, at first when he started coming over, I made sure to always get him something to drink. Eventually, I was able to sneak ice cream into the picture. Butter Pecan ice cream specifically. Once I found out Marc liked that flavor, it was a done deal. I ALWAYS had butter pecan ice cream at the house. I kind of forced that to be a thing of ours, but I just wanted a reason to keep you at the house a little longer babe. Man, I gotta stop telling all these stories. People are going to start thinking I subconsciously brain washed you or something. I'm just going to stick with my, "I took advantage of the situation," talk, because that is after all, what I did. After ice cream and Carrabba's I think about our first meal as husband and wife. Another great and embarrassing memory of ours. Or the few little diner surprises I gave Marc because I know he likes going to new places to eat. **Cookie dough french toast was definitely a high point of course** Oooo, or the many nights I cooked dinner for us, like the pineapple teriyaki chicken! Wow, and how could I forget our endless trips to Applebee's. All those late night desserts! All of these foodie places are so  much more than what they seem to be. They are truly some of our greatest memories <3 I can't wait to wine and dine in a few weeks. We have many more memories to make in this lifetime.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I've been craving The Meadows cookie shake so badly babe. Thanks for creating an addiction. And I can literally picture you taking a bite of that bread with the tomato veggie spread haha. That meal was too perfect. We ate FLOWERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago