Mini Series: Our Success Day 2


          When you think success, what is the number one thing holding you back from reaching it? Think about it for a second. You want something so bad, but there is that "thing" holding you hostage. Well, just to throw mine out there, it is fear. I don't like not knowing. The unknown scares the daylights out of me, and I try to avoid it at all cost. If I'm unsure of something, I usually do something else that leads me to a known result. (I apologize for any confusion ahead of time) But what I was told this weekend hit me like a ton of bricks. I already knew this, but I let it get away from me for a while. Your mind controls everything. Fear is not real. We make it up. Of all the things you are fearful of happening, how many of them actually happen? Let's be honest, we tend to be a lot more negative than we play off to be. I know this to be true for myself. When it comes to my relationship with Marc, I get scared. Will we last forever? Are we a good team? Will we beat the odds of being a young couple? There is just so much unknown. So, we have to wonder, why do we want what we want? #2 Know your WHY; so that when the challenges of HOW hit you, you have the fortitude to STAY ON COURSE. Why do I want an against the odds, everlasting successful relationship? I'll fill you in. There are a few reasons. 1. When I see the way my grandparents look at each other, going on 60 years this month, I know I want Marc to be that person with me. There is no other person that has ever given me any bit of hope, that they'd offer me that feeling. 2. His passionate love reminds me of my parents overbearing unconditional love. It honestly hurts me to know that some people grew up with either, one or none of their parents. The love my parents have given me throughout my lifetime is indescribable. I remember when I was younger, my sister and I would yell at my mom because we wanted her to tell us we were ugly, and that she only said we were beautiful because we were her daughters. We didn't realize it then, but she had been building our confidence that whole time. I've said on countless occasions, Marc builds me up, always! Even when I try to knock myself down, he does not allow that. 3. When it comes to love and marriage, we pretty much have the same idea. This is a one deal shot, and we will make it through whatever. No matter how much we can't stand each other one day, we will love each other unconditionally. Never, literally NEVER, have I met a guy that can point out a specific long lasting relationship, at the age of 15, and say, "I want that" What 15-year-old guy do you know would say that?? It's crazy because I've been doing the same thing for as long as I can remember. We both have solid relationships that we can watch and learn from. 4. He's my best friend. I've been pretty choked up since #2, so you can imagine how much I love my husband. The emotion I feel when I talk about him, am around him, or even think about him is something amazing. For anyone that doesn't believe in soulmates, please trust me when I say, it's real, and there are no words to describe this feeling. I can tell you he's amazing, I love him, he loves me, so on and so on, and none of it will come close to explaining this feeling. Of course, I can go on and on about the why's of this relationship, but rest assured, I know why. No matter what challenges come our way, my why's will be strong enough to keep us on track.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. We will have an against-the-odds, everlasting, successful relationship! Why is that? Because I believe it <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago