Mini Series: Our Success Day 4


          I started up on today's part just a little bit yesterday. I spoke about not letting neither Marc nor I's past defining us. This is again, another thinking point. Do you want to be judged off of every choice you've ever made? Or do you want to be looked up to because of the person you are? I don't think anyone can say they've never made a mistake, or a wrong choice. I'm constantly beating myself up for having such a long break before pursuing Marc again. 14 years old to 18. That's four year I could have had with Marc. But you know what? We grew. A lot. We continue to grow. We will continue growing for as long as we live. Sometimes Marc and I both have our doubts about, are we giving each other what we need? Of course we have our bumps in the road, but we always come back to understand, we are more than enough for each other. I love Marc, and I love his story. Marc loves me, and he loves me for exactly that. Who am I? For the longest, I didn't understand. Of all the girls flocking to Marc (literally way too many -__-), why me? How did I make it this far? What was so special about me? It took a long time for me to accept it, because we never want to give ourselves the credit we deserve. Marc told me, of all the girls, when he thought about the kind of love he was looking for, that unconditional love, he saw it in me. Of course I love Marc unconditionally, but it's hard to accept a compliment so grand. But you know what else? He showed me, and continues to show me the same thing. That unconditional love. A love that allows us to battle through the hard times, and still come back to our center to understand, we're staying right where we are, by each other's side. We know how long of a distance we've come. It was not easy. We've had great times, and we've had some pretty crappy times, but we know who we are. #4 Get clear on who you are, not what you do. Marc and I might have our arguments, and get on each others nerves, but we know who we are, and we know what we mean to each other. When you have two people like that coming together, it's truly an incredible bond. So, when people ask me about my relationship with Marc, there is no hesitation. We are great. He is my love. I am his love. That's all there is to it.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. We will have an against-the-odds, everlasting, successful relationship! Why is that? Because I believe it <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago