When I Realized Marc Was a Keeper


          Honestly, there are too many moments when I realized this, but one specific memory stuck out to me today, and I just have to share. I've said before how close Marc and Sara (my little sister) are, but this story show's me how caring Marc is. Babe, I'm literally cracking up just thinking about this. There's a saying, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Marc and I are always trying to help Sara out in whatever way we can. Whether it's as a mentor, a motivator, or someone to just talk to. Well, this specific day, we were trying to give her a little independence in the kitchen. <--- Yupp, that story. Anytime I'm home, I do lots of cooking. Desserts, dinner, you name it. I love getting creative and making all of Marc's favorites. So, I directed Sara in the kitchen this one night, and apparently was not paying enough attention. The meal was something like rice, beans, and chicken. Nothing too crazy. Well, my dad, Sara, Marc, and I sit at the dinner table, and we're all very impressed with how well Sara did. That was her first time really cooking. I may have overlooked it a bit, but it was all her. My dad was the first one to take a bite, and immediately we hear, "Oh my God!", and not in a good way. He begins yelling and complaining about how salty the chicken was and asking Sara if she was trying to give him a heart attack. Then both Marc and I start eating. I'm trying to keep my composure at this point because we all know my dad is extra. He even washed his piece of chicken in the sink!!! (just with water to get rid of salt) I'm taking the smallest of bites from my chicken trying not to completely choke from the saltiness, and good ol' Marc is just chowing down, not making Sara feel bad at all. Finally, after much of Sara saying she would never cook again, she finally takes a bite and realizes how horrible it is. At this point, we're all cracking up trying to figure out why the chicken tastes like it was dipped in a salt bath. Low and behold, that's pretty much what happened. I guess I wasn't clear with my directions to season the chicken with Adodo (a Hispanic seasoning that is pretty much all salt), and instead of sprinkling it on the chicken, she laid it in the Adobo as if it were breadcrumbs! Not once did we hear Marc complain, he even finished the chicken! All because he didn't want to discourage Sara from cooking again. I don't know about you, but my heart was racing with love when he told me that. Then again, it could've been my heart racing from all that salt. Just kidding <3 But seriously, not one complaint.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Babe, you're too kind. Literally! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago