Mini Series: Success Day 3

          Yesterday I mentioned the fear I've always felt when thinking about my relationship with Marc. Today, I'm going to get to the root of it, and understand where that fear comes from. There is always so much negativity lurking around couples. "You're never going to have the relationship your grandparents have. Look at the divorce rates." "Marriage is a waste of time" "After a few years, the love will die down" "You'll grow apart" The list goes on and on. There has been too much said that is clogging up and messing with my thoughts. I'm too optimistic to let these lies take over. I know what I know, and our marriage will be successful. To all of the doubters, I will not believe your lies. My relationship with Marc is too strong for your negativity. I know what you are trying to do, and I won't allow you to win. You won't take over. For so long, I believed I might be incapable of being in a relationship that works. I was afraid of commitment. If someone did something that I didn't like, I'd walk away. It didn't matter how stupid the thing was. I am not one to admit I am wrong, so there is no way someone can deal with my stubbornness. <----I'm letting go of it all. All of the doubt, the fear, the lies I've been told. I know the truth. And my truth is that Marc and I will have an against the odds, everlasting, successful relationship. Marc and I will not allow our past to define us. #3 Change belief systems that are keeping you captive. I will no longer be trapped by this negative way of thinking. This is why for the next 19 days, I will continue to repeat my truth. Those lies I have been told that I listed at the beginning of this blog will stay there. Beyond today, they will have no room in my heart or my brain. I believe! It takes 21 days to create a habit, and those 21 days will mark as my time to get my beliefs back on track. Do you believe babe?

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. We will have an against-the-odds, everlasting, successful relationship! Why is that? Because I believe it <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago