Wednesday


          Is it the weekend yet? No. Well, I'm still super eager for it. I know the blog has been posted late for the past couple of days, but I hate posting after seeing Marc for only a couple of minutes in the morning. I like being able to have dinner and relax with my bub. For the past couple of days I've been looking at all the pictures around the house, and I'm realizing I have a home here. I'm navigating the house as though I've been here forever. I can see how much time and effort Marc put into making this house feel like a home. I see all of the personal touches that make it ours. Today, as he came home from work, I couldn't help but greet him with a cheesy smile. I was just too happy to finally see him after such a long day. Sometimes you just don't realize how appreciative you are of things until you get a moment to yourself. A moment to just reflect and organize your thoughts. I know I'm home when I go to turn the tv on and no longer turn it on to Bravo or MTV. I now turn it on to see 1 of one hundred sport channels. I know I'm home when I'm cooking dinner, and it's no longer for one. I know I'm home when Marc lets Herky out to use the bathroom as I stay sleeping in bed. I know I'm home when my husband rewinds the tv to show me a car commercial, even though he knows very well, cars are just cars to me (hahah had to throw that in). I know I'm home when I lay back on the sofa to watch a tv show and can hear your heart beating as I lay my head on your chest. I'm home.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Good dessert combo :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago