Four Years Ago


          Around this time, four years ago, Marc was finishing his freshman year of college, and I was graduating high school. That sounds so weird to say considering I feel like we were just in high school. Time has flown right before our eyes. I'm pretty sure I told the story about sneaking into Marc's graduation five years ago, if not I'll tell it eventually. But for my graduation, Marc and I had just begun talking again, and of course I wanted him there. Lucky for me, I didn't have to use a ticket on him. Even luckier for me, he was already invited to my graduation by our high school. Why you ask? Because as an alumni and first year college student, he was already too popping! I remember my favorite elementary/middle school teacher was there, and throughout my middle school years, he was always telling me to stay away from boys. He would always tell me I was too good for them, and tell me I needed to keep searching. After listening to Marc's talk, my teacher walked over to me and said he liked Marc, and that his speech showed him what kind of a man Marc was. Never in my life did I think that teacher would ever say anything good about a guy I liked. He was always super protective of me, and always had my best interest at heart. For him to be blown away by Marc after a speech speaks volumes. Marc will be here for my graduation this time, not as the keynote speaker, not as my boyfriend, but as my husband. Nothing back then, four years ago, told me this is where we'd be today. Of course I wished for it, but we wish for a lot of things and don't get them. This is probably the best wish that could ever have come true. Oh, and four year ago I thought Marc would never get rid of his chin beard thing hahah <3 I love you babe! Or as my dad use to call him, good ol' Abe Lincoln.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. We will have an against-the-odds, everlasting, successful relationship! Why is that? Because I believe it <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago