Wifey Material?

          This morning I caught myself messing up my usual routine. Every Tuesday night, I make sure to remind Marc to take out the trash. It's usually pretty easy to remember because we have the same trash day here all the way over in Indiana. As soon as I woke up I sent the text about the trash hoping that 1. the trash wasn't already picked up and 2. that Marc has enough time to take out the trash before heading out to work. Why stress over the trash? I'm not stressing over the trash, but I like to be helpful from afar. Remembering the trash is reminding myself and Marc that I'm not just thinking about getting through school, but I'm actively trying to be a wife. After all, that is what a wife is for right? To do what ever the husband wants? (That's a joke guys) But on a serious note, a personal alarm clock is never an issue. It's kind of fun to wake Marc up at the crack of dawn because I have to walk Hercules. I love making breakfast for two, early in the morning with Marc not wanting to get up but having the food already made so he has no choice. I like the challenge of ironing his clothes with my iron, praying to God my horrible iron doesn't ruin any of his clothes the way it has mine. I like to overheat Marc with my body heat when I cuddle with him for too long because it lets me know his skin can still detect temperatures. It's always the plan to have him park behind my car in Indiana so he doesn't have the choice but to take me to work himself or wake up early enough to move the car. Or to read a book, and partially spoil it because I get too into the book. To have a partner while completing a yoga challenge that we both absolutely suck at. Or to tell you I don't have the time to be mad at you because I'm trying to do good in school for us both. Being a wife is writing up a blog later in the day when I know you'd much rather have it before 9am. Or having someone to laugh at you when you drink water expecting water, not lemonade. Being a wife is reading incorrect directions on how to make your cookie dough. Being a wife is to feel what ever emotions you have 10x stronger just because I'm an emotional wreck. A wife is and will always be your number one cheerleader because she has that much faith in you doing what ever it is that you're doing. So Marc, is it still worth having a wife?

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. No but seriously, the trash!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago