All About Making You Proud


          If you know Marc, you know he's probably one of the most caring people you'll ever meet, and probably one of the most intimidating people you'll ever meet too. When Marc pushes people beyond their limits, it really is about him wanting the best for them. All year long, I've been speaking about showing him that I'm trying to achieve greatness for us both. I've definitely struggled this school year with motivation and fear. I'm constantly scared about not getting as far as I can with school or a future job, even though I am actively working toward the future. But for a couple of months, my fear has reached a whole new high. I've been overly emotional not only with school or work, but in my relationship with Marc. I know how hard he has worked, and I'm always scared that I won't be able to reach him. I know this is a common senior college students thought, but they are most definitely valid. I have to keep reminding myself, Marc was scared this time last year too. Instead of giving up and letting fear take over, he pushed himself that much harder to get through it. Look at where he is now. A great job, married, and making it out in the world. I knew I wanted to continue my education in my specific field because I love it, and I know there is still so much to learn within my field. It hit me really hard when I realized I knocked the fear out too little too late. If that wasn't a reality check, I don't know what is. Deadlines for grad school came so quickly, and my fear and excuses for why I couldn't or shouldn't do it did not allow me to catch up. The good thing is, Marc is constantly reminding me, don't be afraid to take risks. Can you imagine me, Becca, girl scared of everything taking a risk? Yeah, I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure the only risk I've ever taken in life was putting myself out there, in terms of my relationship with Marc. I was vulnerable, I was scared, and somehow I made it through. Even when I thought my deadline had passed me by for getting back together with Marc senior year of high school. I really thought I lost my chance with Marc once he left for college. I thought I'd never see the day where Marc and I were even in a relationship, let alone marriage. But we made it here, and I will make it into graduate school in the future with my number one supporter of a husband. I might have to wait an extra year, but instead of taking this year as a break. I am looking forward to taking this as an opportunity to perfect my imperfections. To overcome any obstacles that may come my way. Just as I had once done my senior year going into college trying to win Marc back. I will make you proud.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. #NeverGiveUp because I've learned from the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago