Breaking Tradition


          Just as of this past year and a half I've been pretty much hell bent on trying to come up with new traditions with Marc, and a couple weeks ago I realized we'd be breaking tradition today. For the past couple years I've spent Superbowl Sunday with Marc and his roommates. It's weird thinking I won't be making his favorite game watching dip for him later. I remember my first Superbowl Sunday with him like it was yesterday. Honestly, I can picture myself in the room where we watched the game, everyone chowing down on chips and dip. It was funny because the game was split into two rooms, so you can imagine the screaming back and forth. Before Marc, me and football............ Well, let's just say you'd never say them in a sentence together. After a few years with Marc, I can now at least understand the game somewhat on my own. I still have a few questions here and there, but our first time watching the game together was I believe two years ago. I had asked Marc the day before the game if it would be weird to wear my Eagles jersey considering the Eagles weren't playing. It was a new jersey for me at the time and I wanted to prove to him that I was excited for the game. To my surprise he didn't laugh and said of course. I thought I was going to sound ridiculous. But that's not even the great part. When Marc picked me up, I think he had on a jacket or something, because I can't remember seeing his outfit. But once we got inside, he came back from his room from putting our things away, and out came my boo wearing the same jersey I had on. Can you say twinning??? I was beyond hype at this point, and can remember one of his roommates in the backyard joking around saying, "Awww you guys are cute". I tried to keep my cool on the outside, but on the inside I was jumping up and down with happiness and laughter, because he always gets me like this. He always acts so calm like things don't matter and then BAM, surprise Becca time. Granted his jersey was new too, but I'm just going to keep thinking he wore his to match me <3 It sucks we have to break tradition this year, but we'll be right back at it next year. I'll be wearing my jersey today babe!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. This weekend I'll make your favorite dip to make up for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago