Nostalgia at its Best


          Words seriously can't explain the excitement I woke up with this morning. All I could about think was, in exactly one week, I'll be waking up next to my husband to head out to church. I haven't been home since the beginning of January, and it feels even longer. It's not like I haven't seen Marc since then, but it's just so much better when we are able to relax in our own home together, not having to worry about other people being around. Just our little family. Plus, the fact that next weekend is Marc's birthday weekend is definitely going to make it that much more fun. Every year, Marc has pretty much given me the best birthday experiences, so I always want to make sure I give him great one's as well. I don't think I can do any better than a proposal, but I can try hahaha. The only thing I'm sad about is that I won't be coming home permanently. I just have to think to myself, the moment I get home, I'll be halfway through the semester, and that much closer to coming home for good. Ahhhh! How exciting is that?! In 2 months and two weeks, Indiana will be but a memory for Marc and I. Another school that played a role in our relationship. I know it's a bit soon, but I'm already putting Indiana behind us. Last night, I found myself doing something that I NEVER would have done my freshman year, I was acting like Marc. Oh man, I really am becoming my husband. *sigh* I walked onto campus after a long, and I mean long day at work, and went to do a research methods homework assignment. After telling Marc what I was doing, he expressed how proud he was, and you guys know how much I love to make my husband proud. I'm pretty sure every bit of tired that I felt went right out the door after he gave me that bit of motivation. The whole time, I thought about the nights when Marc would ditch me to go do homework in Eberly College of Business. I would always be upset because we couldn't hang out, but I knew how much school meant to him. So instead, every time he would go to Eberly, I would make dinner and take it to him. I wanted to make sure if I couldn't be there, he was at least thinking of me (Slick, I know). And every time I would bring him dinner, I loved seeing how happy he got, because I knew he'd be in there all night hungry before even thinking about getting something to eat. Last night I was my husband. Too bad he wasn't in town to bring me dinner hahaha. It's nights like last night that really make me miss having Marc up here with me. I'd kill for another night when he'd actually invite me to do homework with him in Eberly (I guess I would have been too much of a distraction to come all the time. I really love to talk, in case that isn't obvious).

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. 7:46am, this has gotta be some kind of record!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago