We've All Done It Millennials


          Late nights on video chat, voice calls, texting, you name it. We've all done with our significant others. I had to mention this today because last night Marc and I had one of those nights. But it wasn't like how it use to be. We're seriously getting old, and my exhaustion today is telling me, growing up is real. I'm not sure if Marc remembers this, but in high school when we'd get ready to go to bed, I would have a routine. As he got ready I'd watch Netflix (Extreme Couponing to be exact), until he got out of the shower and called me back. We'd have those moments of, "No you hang up first," "No you hang up first" (Well, this still happens), but you get what I'm saying. Another thing I'd do, is want to fall asleep on the phone together, so it felt like we'd be together (Oh lord, I'm laughing). It never worked though, because the moment I say I'm tired, I'm two seconds from being knocked out, and Marc isn't like that at all. We've had plenty of mornings where he'd tell me I was snoring on the phone and then would decide to hang up. After all, we did need our alarms to go off in the morning. You can't do that if you're on the phone. We'd spend all night on the phone or texting each other about anything and everything.

**Oh, and don't even get me started on waiting past 9pm to talk on the phone. I don't know about Marc, but I didn't have unlimited calling. So the fact that we both had T-Mobile was a God send.***

          I'm pretty sure we've had plenty of nights where we slept for maybe and hour or two, and would wake up saying, "Yeah, I feel fine", knowing very well, we were two words from being rocked. Heck, I know there have been plenty of nights where I've said that. Marc would ask me if I'm tired, and I'd tell him no, while trying to convince myself that I wasn't, all to wake up in the morning, realizing I fell asleep in the middle of a conversation. Either while texting or talking on the phone. I will never ever forget one specific night. It was my freshman year of high school, Marc and I stayed on the phone until about midnight or so until I fell asleep (typical Becca). I woke up randomly in the middle of the night, I believe around 3am, and realized I never said good night, I just feel asleep. At this point in time, I was not aware Marc couldn't fall asleep as easily as I could. So I called him. Yes, I called at 3am, just to get back on the phone. Finally, after we said our good nights, I went right back to sleep, expecting Marc to do the same. As soon as I got to class with one of our mutual friends, I remember her asking me why I would call Marc back at 3am, if we had to wake up for school in 2-3 hours. I didn't think anything of it until she told me Marc never went back to sleep. Our conversation had woken him up completely. I felt HORRIBLE! I'm pretty sure that night Marc got 2-3 hours of sleep because of my foolishness. I ruined my future husband's handsome-sleep (get it, beauty sleep). It's okay though. He got me back last night. We got to sleep around 1ish? I don't know, but I do know at 2:56am last night Marc called me to tell me he was missing me <3 It's funny, because he figured I'd just fall right back to sleep because I usually do, and for once, I didn't. On top of that, had other reasons for being woken up last night. Talk about karma hahaha. It's good to know we still have some puppy love tendencies lingering around. Those will never get old.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. When I told Marc I was tired because of our late phone calls last night he tried telling me I was confusing our conversation with a dream and that he was my dream come true hahahaha. Gotta love my husband. He's dead on about him being my dream come true though <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago