The Perfect Song


          When you think of the perfect song what do you hear? Do you hear strong emotion behind the beautiful lyrics being sung? Or do you feel the beat vibrating your body with force? When I think of my perfect song I think of our journey. I think of the things we have overcome. We'd start out our first verse with you in my sight. How in that moment, my everything had been taken over by you. You'd hear nothing but smooth rhythm and blues with that soulful sound in the background that you can just vibe from. You'd hear the sound of my heart beating slowly but strong enough to hear beyond the insides of my body. Our first words to one another. Everything was seamless. A girl eager to find her true love, and a guy looking to resemble his godparents relationship. There is nothing like young love. The passion is there. The fight is there. The love, it is all there. The song would mention the hardships we've faced and how we were able to fight unforgivingly against the negativity that tried to overcome what was our love. The voices and sounds we heard from a distance were no match for the sound of love we had circling around us. For us, our love stayed in a home of protection. Protection from the dangers of the world. Protection from the doubt and fear. And the butterflies. Oh the butterflies are always what get me going. If I were to hear the perfect song, there would be a part of nothing but emotion. The stomach tumbling feeling being belted out by a long strong firey and love filled breath. I can hear it. It's in there. As the song nears the end it becomes soft, and filled with inspiration. That the love was the best there ever was, and will continue to be. You are left with hope and tear filled eyes. Your heart has sunken in, and all you want left is a big warm embrace from your one and only love. That comforting warm feeling that only the one perfect song and the only perfect love could give you.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. What's our perfect song?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago