Relationship Advice Sucks


          Today I came across probably one of the most relatable articles ever. I've gone on rants before about how much I disagree with "Relationship Advice" articles before and I knew I wasn't completely wrong for thinking so. The single line that caught me in the article today was, "Society has it all wrong and gives terrible advice". Bruh, if Marc and I listened to half the garbage out there we probably wouldn't be in a loving marriage right now. After reading about relationships we probably would've thought we couldn't make it because of the distance, or because we have an argument here and there, or because he's a year older than me, or because we studied different majors. You get where I'm going here? Oh and did I mention the judgement of people who do actually like traditional households. Like whyyy!!! I am most definitely a feminist, as is Marc, but if I like to come home and cook a nice meal for my husband after a day at work, believe me when I say I do not feel like I'm being taken advantage of. Can't people just live how they want to live? If I have to love Marc from a distance for an entire school year, so be it. I'll have 50+ years of living in the same house as him, yelling at him about needing 5 minutes to myself as an old hag. If we have a disagreement about something I'm not going to say, "Um Marc, today I feel like you're not understanding why I like pickles over waffles, so I think we should part our ways" what???? Or when advice tells you that you have to be overly independent because you're going to look bad next to your partner or potentials. I could go on and on really. Granted every once in a while I do try to give some kind of "Relationship advice", and it probably sucks like the rest of it out there, but my goal is in no way to kill peoples relationship dreams the way magazines sometimes do. What I most want for others and my own relationship, is to be able to own it! I love my relationship with Marc regardless of what anyone says. If you love your cousin's friend's brother, but people say you guys look weird together, tell them, "Are you a participant in this relationship? I didn't think so". Sorry guys, I know the sass is real today, I just get really pumped when "Relationship advice" tells me to do one thing, and I know in my heart to do the polar opposite. I love you babe. In that ooey gooey yuck she's so in love romantic kind of way.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s And yes I'm still super excited for Valentine's day with the love of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago