Back to the Future


          Today I found myself looking through Marc's pictures on Facebook and remembering back to who he was at the time of the photo. I've only been around for 8 years of his life, but I feel like I've seen him grow so much, and I know he has seen the same for me. Whenever I get a glimpse of younger Marc, I always try to figure out what he was like. I make this joke about Marc, I feel like he was never a young kid. It seems like for as long as I've known him, he had the persona of a 40 year old man working on his life long career. I just imagine Marc as an eight year old reading up on stocks to invest in and trades. Or ironing a little business suit preparing for 5th grade graduation.  I don't know. I just wish I had gotten the chance to meet little Marc. I just keep saying to myself, hopefully eventually we will have a little Marc of our own one day. Cause lord knows, we'll have no idea what to expect with a little Becca. I can't wait for the day when (if) we have a little boy, to see my two boys next to one another. I know if we are to have a son, he will have probably one of the best role models anyone could ever have. They say one of the best ways to teach a child is through modeling, and with Marc as the parent, there would be no pretending, because he really is what success, confidence, respect, and love looks like. I'm not one to push gender stereotypes because I have a pretty open mind about that stuff, but if our son wanted to be an ideal man, Marc is the perfect person to teach him how to be one. Obviously this is all hypothetical and we'd be happy with our child(ren) regardless, I just get excited thinking about the possibilities. Being able to watch a little Marc grow right before my eyes. I don't think I'd ever pass up the chance to witness something so great. I hope you're having a great day at work today bub. TGIF!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. I was tempted to post one of your little kid pictures, but I'm too selfish. I don't wanna share the cuteness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago