It's Over!


         Gotcha, didn't I? Just another story time! Every once in a while I try to be funny and pull a prank on anyone who's around. A couple months ago, I knew my mom would be the perfect target. Whenever I leave the house, I can pretty much expect her to be downstairs waiting for me when I come home. This night I can't remember what Marc and I were doing but we were getting to my parents house kind of late. As Marc and I were walking up to the doors I gave him no heads up other than a, "play along". Just as I suspected my mom was waiting in the living room watching tv. I walked ahead stomping with an angry/sad face and Marc had been behind me placing my stuff down on a dining room chair. As I threw my stuff on the sofa next to her I yelled, "It's over!" and ran up the steps acting upset. I immediately ran into Sara's room dying of laughter wondering what my mom was doing. As soon as I slammed her bedroom door, Sara said in a completely monotone voice, "Did you just pretend break up with Marc" I just bounced my head up and down really fast still trying to contain my laughter. After about 2 minutes of straight laughing I finally was able to calm myself down just enough to slowly creep downstairs to see what had been going on. I heard the kitchen door open while I had been laughing upstairs so I was pretty sure Marc went outside. As I slowly crept downstairs all my mom could say is, "You're kidding right? This is a joke?" We almost had her! Really, we almost did! After I went upstairs Marc said he didn't know how to react so he just left. My mom didn't know what to do either. She wasn't sure who to follow first. So she got up slowly and went for the door to ask Marc what happened. And here is where the prank fell apart. He had walked outside, but was still in plain sight from the door. She could see him giggling trying to go along with the joke. You see, this might be a "you had to be there" kind of moment, but it really was hilarious. All I can say is, watch out! You never know when you'll be pranked next. The duo will be back at it again!

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. It could be you Marc Anthony Colón!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago