The Road to Success


          In case it isn't painfully obvious, I've been in a pretty great mood lately. You know how in astrology they're always saying the moons are aligning and the stars are falling into place and blah blah blah? Well, right now, that's exactly how I feel. When Marc and I are on a roll, it honestly feels like the world can't stop us. Even when we begin to do small things, it feels like everything is changing. This weekend, I was pretty focused on work and school, and I mentioned it in another post, but I really am becoming Marc. I can't believe I just said that again, haha. But seriously, I'm enjoying having his hard work ethic rub off. All of last semester and the beginning of this semester I wanted so badly to just have his motivation, but I was constantly fighting with my inner self. I knew I wanted to do big things, and the only person holding me back was myself. I'm not sure what Marc said to me that helped everything click, but I have him to thank for it, because I was getting scared. It's funny, because one of the things I think we're getting better at, is actively learning. Before, we would always talk about reading books in the future, but it finally happened recently. Last night I told Marc how I was excited to read with him, and we genuinely both got pretty hype (Again, never thought we'd see this day). But things like reading books were always important to Marc, and now that I'm just as excited, I feel like we're both just happy making progress. Or yesterday when he tagged me to a video of Ellen's TV show, she had been giving money and supporting a school that pushed for college acceptance and attendance. These kids were all so excited to even have the chance to go to college, of course my eyes filled with tears in less than seconds. What I love is that Marc knew something like that would hit me, and I'm sure it got to him too. To both be the first in our families to get through college is a great accomplishment, and to get through it together makes it that much better. That 9 minute video was yet another star aligning. It helped me realize Marc and I are doing it! We are on our way to success. Our success, and nobody else's. It might not be an easy road, but we'll get there. With passion on our side as well as each other, I really don't understand how anything could stop us at this point. I can't stop saying it, but I really love this man. He might be a pain in my butt a lot of the time, but he's really the best person I've ever met.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. 3 more days (not including today) until you're 23!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago