It's On Like Donkey Kong


          Yesterday I mentioned to you guys how Marc would challenge me to get straight A's every semester. Well that isn't the only thing he would challenge me to do. A couple weeks ago, maybe even a month ago, Marc gave me a book to read. At this point, Marc has probably given me a good few books to read, and I absolutely hate reading. As a sociology major, I feel like that's all I ever do, so I typically stay away from books. I mentioned to you all which book it was and how inspiring it had made me after only the first few chapters, and I can finally say I finished it last night. Marc wanted to see if I could have it finished by this weekend and I did it. Finishing a book in itself is kind of an accomplishment for me, but the moment I finished the book, I immediately told Marc because I had to show him I did it. His response was exactly why I actually read the book. He let me know that he was a proud husband. Sometimes people don't realize how much the little things matter, and for Marc to say he was proud of me was actually a big deal. Whenever you have someone to back you up and be proud of you for even the smallest of accomplishments, you feel great about yourself.
          And of course I always have a story to tell. I believe it was right after my freshman year of college, that summer, when Marc challenged me with my first read, Girl, Interrupted. I had heard of the movie, but once again, I hate reading. I think Marc had read the book for class or something, I'm not sure, but he said if I finished it, we would watch the movie together. Remember, at that point, I was still doing all the chasing, so in my head, it was do or die to complete any challenge he gave me. I remember that week sitting in my mom's car as she was driving and she asked me if I really liked the book because I hadn't put it down once I got it. I think I just told her yeah because I felt like I would have sounded like a desperate little girl telling her I was reading an entire book to spend an hour or two in silence with Marc to watch a movie. No lie, I finished the book in about 5 days. To this day I can only remember one part of the book because I honestly hated how dry of a read it was, but I remember finishing the book and feeling so excited. Marc now HAD to watch the movie with me. I read the book that I wanted absolutely nothing to do with. If I weren't married to him right now, I'd probably be very upset considering we've still never watched the movie. -__- I'll give him a pass though. Spending the rest of our lives together definitely makes up for the two hours of silence.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago