What My Dog and Husband Have in Common


          Where in the world am I going with this one, right? Let me show you. I've had Herky two years longer than I've known Marc and I don't think I could live without either of them. They both had me hooked from the start and once I laid eyes on them, I knew they would both eventually be mine. There's nothing like coming home to a happy boy who just wants his tummy rubbed by me (both dog and husband that is). Or to see an eager face that just wants to be in my company. Or to have a love bug that just wants to cuddle all day. They say a dog is a man's best friend and we as humans are lucky to have dogs. A lot of people say that of husbands as well. Usually in a joking manner, but for me, never. I never have to imagine a perfect world when I have both Herky and Marc in my company because I'm already in it. You know how in the movies you see the guy and girl holding hands strolling through a random park with their dog running ahead chasing whatever smell it is they smell? That's how I imagine our lives. We may never actually do that, but it's the emotion that I am trying to get you to understand. Right now I may only have one of my guys with me, but we'll all be together permanently in exactly 12 weeks! Crazy, the end of this dragging long distance relationship is finally in sight. We will live our happy lives together. Man, woman, and dog. Come on now, love stories don't get any better than that. I hope this route that I took with the dog and husband connection wasn't too out there. But if you understand how much I love them both, you'd get why this will never be a bad pair <3 The final and biggest connection they each have with me, is that they both have my heart.

With love always,
Becca Colón

P.s. Thank you Lina for one of the most AMAZING thoughtful gifts ever. This necklace will honestly be cherished forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Stretch

Thanks to Anonymous

One Year Ago